It’s that time of year again. The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards is set to commence Sunday, September 22, broadcasting live on Fox from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
There is something different about this year’s Emmy Awards, though. This year’s Emmys ceremony has no host, following the successful hostless 2019 Oscars ceremony. This is the first time the Emmys will go without a host since the 2003 broadcast, which was also on Fox.
In the season of change, we’re switching things up too. Generally, the Emmy Awards games are drinking games. But, we’re going to turn the Emmys ceremony into a smoking game for those of you stoners who are out there watching.
This game is guaranteed to help you get your high on, and will make any Emmys viewing party about 1000 times better. So, play along and raise a blunt – or bong – to the nominees and winners of this fabulous night!
The Emmy Awards ceremony airs at 5 p.m. PT on NBC.
Take a Hit Whenever . . .
- Someone’s speech is cut off by the orchestra music
- The audience claps
- Someone mentions President Donald Trump and his administration
- A presenter messes up their lines
- Someone in the audience is visibly bored
- A winner mentions how unexpected it is
Take a Bong Rip Whenever . . .
- A show or actor/actress you like wins in their category
- Someone trips or falls on stage or on their way to the stage
- Someone does a skit
- You question why you’re watching this show in the first place
- Someone in the audience stands to applaud
Take a Dab Whenever . . .
- A moment would be perfect as a GIF
- Someone who was nominated multiple times wins their first Emmy
- Hulu or Netflix wins more Emmys than HBO
- President Trump complains about the Emmy Awards on Twitter
- Someone in the audience stares directly at the camera
Disclaimer: Marijuana has intoxicating effects and may be habit-forming. Smoking is hazardous to your health. There may be health risks associated with consumption of Marijuana. Marijuana, in any form, should not be used by individuals that are pregnant or breastfeeding. Marijuana is intended for use only by adults 21 and older. Keep out of reach of children. Marijuana can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. This product may be unlawful outside of Washington State